Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Concrete work in Oklahoma

What should I expect to pay for having concrete poured for a slab for a 40 x 60 shop I am planning to build just northwest of OKC? It would be nice to have a price broken down into smaller increments so as to allow me to determine what portions of the job I might want to tackle myself with the help of a few good friends. Thanks.

mscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #2

pricing's a terrible inquiry as they vary so much across the country as what's current here in atl probably won't be applicable in ok,,, factor in so many variables ( contractor's workload, desire, job site, etc ) & it becomes even more foreign.

expect you can look for items such as: site prep, footer/slab excavation, forming, steel, concrete, placement/finishing, jnt cutting,,, whether or not your quotes will specify relevant costs'll be another issue, tho,,, most guys want it all.

' bailout ' is a 4-letter word

yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
General Contractor

You can expect around $3 a sq/ft including concrete, steel, forming, and the pour and finish. All assuming level ground. If you do the site work, forming, and lay the steel, you can get a finisher to pour and finish for a $1 or less in our market.

Did you buy a kit building to erect yourself?

joasis is offline   Reply With Quote