Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #1

Share |

Concrete Sealers

Can anyone recommend a penetrating concrete sealer for a subfloor (ground level)? I am trying to solve a water intrusion issue with water wicking under recently installed French Doors (see my post "Leaking French Doors" for more of the story) to the inside. I am hoping that this might be the answer.

I would also like to use something as a general sealer to seal the entire slab as an extra precaution in preparation for a wood floor intallation.

TIA

pianodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Tool Geek

Concrete Sealers

I think of concrete sealers as being like a raincoat over the floor to keep the concrete dry, but if the moisture is coming up through the concrete, I don't think the 'Sealer' will work, especially if there is any kind of hydrostatic pressure.

PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Remodeling Contractor

Concrete Sealers

concrete sealer is used to protect the surface of the concrete. To address your problem apply several coats of dryloc. If the concrete has paint or sealer already on it, then these will need to be removed first. But as mentioned hydrostatic pressure will not be stopped. For this you need to drain the water away from the bottom of the concrete.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote