Concrete Repair (White Vs. Gray) - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 334

Concrete Repair (White vs. Gray)

I am trying to repair some cracks, holes and damaged areas in the concrete in my driveway and sidewalk. I used one of the quikrete repair products, but it dried gray and does not blend with the surrounding concrete that is white.

I am assuming it is because all the quikrete products use Portland cement which is gray. What is the white cement-based concrete and where can I find a fast-setting repair product that will match?

Advertisement

NitroNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.
Rewards Points: 2,000

Actually white concrete is also Portland based. It's the aggregates and all the other ingredients that are altered or reduced. Really no difference in the two concretes other than the white costs quite a bit more.

Advertisement

Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 334

the repairs are mainly cosmetic and the color matching needs to be close to make it worthwhile. if all the quikrete stuff that you can buy at lowe's or HD is the cheap gray stuff, then i won't bother.

do i need to go to specialty place to pick up some high-grade concrete with white portland cement?
NitroNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,462

if you can match color on the 1st try, you'll be a genius that being said, head for any construction OR decorative concrete supply house & ask for polymer-modified overlay material that just needs water added,,, crack repairs are a different animal & require epoxy, diamond sawing, & knowledge of what size slab the conc needs/wants to be

we use eliteCrete but that's only sold to trained artisans,,, good luck !

ps - all we buy at the apron/vest stores are latex gloves, 6mil plastic, & cheap brooms
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.
Rewards Points: 2,000

Something along the lines of THIS might work for you.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote