Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #1

Share |

concrete joint leaking

i have a situation where a poured wall and a poured ceiling (patio deck)meet (in two different pours) there was never any kind of "keyway" or rubber control joint installed in the first pour to make a water tight joint with the second..now i have some water getting between the pours and leaking into a cold storage room..my question.....is there any kind of liquid sealer that i can "paint" onto the top of the joint to stop the water from getting in now?..i was hoping there may be a clear compound of some kind as this joint is on a patio deck where it is highly visable

just a note..there was a ledge left for the deck (ceiling) to rest on before pouring and when i asked about a water joint of some kind i was assured it was not needed...this is what i get for listening i guess, any help will be greatly appreciated

billie_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #2

concrete joint leaking

you may be able to use zypex or another crystalling penetrating sealant but i think this is beyond the ability of any silicone siloxane to resolve,,, thoro does make a coating that might work - either bagg'd powder or pre-mix'd,,, i'd expect the best method's to form a sealant reservoir & caulk w/100% silicone, polysulfide, or polyurethane.

there're some other methods but either of these'll give you the best bang for the buck.

yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
Whatamess

concrete joint leaking

Have you called the people back that did the job and see what they are not willing to fix? File a complaint with the BBB
Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #4

concrete joint leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazinCR View Post
Have you called the people back that did the job and see what they are not willing to fix? File a complaint with the BBB
i have contacted my general and he says he can use something to seal it but i came here as i find the longer the job goes on the less i believe in his judgement and i am trying this forum for informationn so i might be able keep him "honest"

thanks for the input from you both
billie_t is offline   Reply With Quote