Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

concrete funnel for gravel?

Hi,
can you use gravel with them concrete funnels? Basicly, I have to move up to 100 tonnes of gravel every year by hand in about 2 month. The space where I have to move it to is not accessible with large machinary. I have to move 50 tonnes out and 50 tonnes in. So far I had to use shovel and wheel-barrow. I can't realy think of any easier way to move the gravel out other then by hand, but it would be great if I could move it in easier. saves at least 50% of the graft. So I thought it might be possible to some how move the gravel in useing one of these concrete funnels. Has anyone got any experience with these? And could tell me if they can be used for gravel?
Also I only need to move small amounts into each compartment. about 3 to 10 barrows in each depending on size. So I would have to be able to stop the flow of gravel. Is that possible? Also how long can the hose be? As some of the rooms that I am filling are up to 150 feet from where I could park the tractor etc that would hold the funnel.

I know I am asking for a lot of information, but hoepfully someone can help me. It would make everything a lot easier.

I hope this is the right area to ask the question, if not please someone move the thread.

Thanks

Moritz

Moritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #2

well had a look on the internet and found a gravel hopper so def going to get one of them will save shoveling as much. any other ideas would be great.

thx

Mo

Old 04-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
so-elitecrete

this situation when one'd move 50t OUT & 50t IN,,, 50' x 50' @ 1" = 15.2777t here,,, a funnel's used for placing conc,,, think i'd be looking at a small conveyor system.
so-elitecrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #4

A conveyor system would not be practicel as the walk ways are just big enough for one man with a wheel-barrow. so even if I had the conveyer system nobody could get around anymore. will just have to do it like it has been done for 30 years. but thank you anyway. does anyone else have an idea?

Moritz
Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #5

Why do you have to move so much gravel every year? They make dump buggys that aren't much bigger than a wheel barrow that are gas powered. You can fill the bucket with a bobcat and drive the buggy where ever you need it and dump.
ponch37300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-elitecrete View Post
this situation when one'd move 50t OUT & 50t IN,,, 50' x 50' @ 1" = 15.2777t here,,, a funnel's used for placing conc,,, think i'd be looking at a small conveyor system.
i would to there are narrow units that can be stepped

comp is offline   Reply With Quote