Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Concrete Countertop Overlay

Our laminate countertops are worn and chipped and peeling in places. I saw this video:

http://www.all-things-concrete.com/c...top-video.html

and would like to do this. Im trying to figure out what he is using. The website says its a polymer concrete material. Is that the same as polymer reinforced concrete repair mix?

jseymour186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,362

if a parallel example can be that stacking pieces of wood properly you can build a house, then the c-top video is close that was a new c-top & you need only overlay your existing c-top,,, the BEST thing you can do to increase satisfactory results is forget buying anything but 6mil plastic, chip brushes, the roller frame from an apron/vest store,,, polymers are not equal - visit concretenetwork.com OR reach out to any elitecrete distributor you can diy but it takes time, patience, education, & talent.

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

do you need classes or is it like skimstone???? I would like to learn more about it because I have a client who is interested in having me do her countertop, but I do not have the money to go to more classes.

Thanks
Regards
Chantell Wilson
ChantellWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,362

know of skimstone because of trade mag ads & bailing out 2 skimstone ' artisans ',,, IF you have a client such as this, find a pro - IF you don't have the $ to invest in yourself, sub it out,,, IF you're already in the trade, talk to a distributor - he may cut a deal,,, once you use eC, you won't go back
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote