Concrete Block Wall - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Block Wall

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. and in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How far am I off?
Thanks
Robert

Advertisement

rag4rdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #2

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074
Rewards Points: 2,136

Concrete Block Wall

Most municipalities have requirements for concrete block privacy walls since they are so common and some areas will not accept wood or "grapestake" fences. Contact your local building office.

The thing they worry about is the wall becoming a sidewalk on top of some kids during an earthquake.

Advertisement

concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Block Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag4rdd View Post
I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. and in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How far am I off?
Thanks
Robert
is the wall a retainer? haw much water does your site accumalate?
Im in az and Im currently building a double block wall with 2 planters each wall is 8" w x 4ft x 150ft the footing reguired here was 10" x 12" x 150ft I didndt require a bed of stone hope I helped.
orenawilliam is offline   Reply With Quote