Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Concern with bearing walls

I have a A frame Roof where all the supports are supported by the joists going across the width of the house, my concern is I'm trying to take down a 4 foot wall which would normally be a bearing wall but i was told with the an A frame structure I can remove that wall. Trying to confirm this piece of information.

giovannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Concern with bearing walls

Need more details on where you are going to remove the wall. Pictures would be great.

There are several ways in which an A frame can be built and it depends on how yours was built. The size also makes a difference. A frames is a whole new ballgame when it comes to modifying them.

Are you saying that you want to remove an existing wall totally within the A frame and not part of the outside structure or any of the joists?