I have a basement with a drop down ceiling and exposed insulation. I was trying to clean some mold from the joists. Anyway, its really humid down there so I have a dehumidifer blowing and no other ventilation (no open windows). I began feeling itchy lungs whenever I am in the basement and suspect its insulation dust. Does anyone ever had this and how do I get rid of insulation dust in the air? I will put back the ceiling tiles once I remove all the mold. Meanwhile I cant turn off the dehumidifer because it may make the mold grow again.
if you've got mold you can see, what about the mold you can't ???
if only from a health view, clear out the bsmt & find the source of the water,,, clearly your method won't work,,, i'd bet the ' itchy lung ' is a result of inhaling mold spores, NOT insulation ' dust ',,, this problem's cause will likely be much more extensive than you can imagine,,, 1st dump the insulation & suspended ceiling then spray dave's bleach/wtr 1:1,,, keep the dehumidifier running & consider having an air exchanger installed for more ventilation,,, get down to bare walls, ceiling, & floor 1st,,, THEN find out what's what