Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #1

Share |

Cleaning bricks

Hi! My driveway has been demolishes and was made of red bricks. I have tons of them and plenty of ideas of things to do with them but they all look so dirty. I've tried powerwashing them and some came out really nice but others haven't changed at all. These dirty ones are kind of brown and sometimes green from the grass and I can get these stains out. Has anyone found a way to clean this kind of mess?
I appreciate anyone who takes time to answer questions and thank you in advance
Girly_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Concrete & Masonry

Cleaning bricks

You likely need a higher powered pressure washer. Just last week I washed down the old porous concrete pavers on our church's patio. A 3000 psi washer with a tight tip made it an quick & easy job.

You could also try soaking them in a pail, kiddy pool, etc... with some water & bleach before washing them.
jomama45 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jomama45 For This Useful Post:
Girly_girl (09-01-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #3

Cleaning bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama45 View Post
You likely need a higher powered pressure washer. Just last week I washed down the old porous concrete pavers on our church's patio. A 3000 psi washer with a tight tip made it an quick & easy job.

You could also try soaking them in a pail, kiddy pool, etc... with some water & bleach before washing them.
You might be right! My powerwasher looses a lot of water near the tip so maybe there's a seal or washer I could change and then I'd have more pressure and that might do a better job. I'm going to try the bleach thing too. Thanks!
Girly_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick, cleaning