Clean Crawlspace Cinderblock Walls (prep For Sealing)? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Clean crawlspace cinderblock walls (prep for sealing)?

What would I use to clean the cinderblocks in my crawlspace before I paint dryloc on them? I am experiencing seepage through the blocks during heavy rains so I'll be using dryloc to seal it up. However, I want to clean the dirt/lime/efflorescence off the brick before I do so to ensure the best application and seal.

Thanks,
Matt

Advertisement

syntax53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.
Rewards Points: 2,000

Clean crawlspace cinderblock walls (prep for sealing)?

Wire brush the dust and dirt off, muriatic acid for the efflorescence - then rinse, and hydraulic cement for the holes.

Be sure to use skin and breathing protection and ventilate well due to acid fumes.

Advertisement

Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote