Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Cinder blocks not intersecting at corner of foundation. OK?

I should say, CONCRETE block ....

Hello, I tore a home down that I am now planning on rebuilding. Today while cleaning up, I noticed that at the foundation where an addition was done, the block from the addition does not meet up with or intersect in the corner and there is actually a small air gap. I am not concerned with the gap as I can seal and insulate it, however, for code reasons I want to make sure this is ok. The addition was not deep enough so I will be insulating from the exterior to get it to code but the intersection of block here is a concern. I have a drawing if this helps. On the left is the overall perimeter of the block foundation. It was a 24x24 with a 16x34 addition. There are footers under both sections and the work was done quite some time ago with no cracking so I feel that the foundation is very sound, just not sure if it is OK for code.

I appreciate the help!

Last edited by mjjstang; 07-29-2011 at 09:45 PM.
mjjstang is offline   Reply With Quote