Cinder Block Walls Replace With Metal Post - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Cinder Block walls replace with metal post

When I stripped down the basement I found three cinder block post/walls. I was wondering if I could tear them down and replace them with jack-posts. There is already a metal pose supporting the floor but i don't know if i need the rest.

The main support beam rests on the cinder blocks and post. The basement is 43 feet long and the blocks and post are approximately placed equally apart. The main beam runs into the exterior walls.

I do not know which of the posts are load bearing or not

Advertisement

Last edited by Param; 07-03-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

These are some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about
Attached Thumbnails
Cinder Block walls replace with metal post-img285.jpg   Cinder Block walls replace with metal post-img286.jpg   Cinder Block walls replace with metal post-img287.jpg   Cinder Block walls replace with metal post-img288.jpg   Cinder Block walls replace with metal post-img289.jpg  

Advertisement

Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 628

Your going to have to hire a real engineer for this one to come on site to check it out.
It would be nuts to suggest asking someone on any web site to guess on this one.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote