Cinder Block - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

cinder block

Hi there...I have a home that is cinder block on the first level...stucco on the second...the cement cap or lip that separates the two levels has cracked over the years...i would like to fix this but it might be beyond me...it there anything i can cap it with that is more pliable than cement??..the house is old and it seems to shift a bit with the change of seasons...i am afraid of moisture also getting in...any ideas??...thanks ..Deb

Advertisement

diygal41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

cinder block

Quote:
Originally Posted by diygal41 View Post
Hi there...I have a home that is cinder block on the first level...stucco on the second...the cement cap or lip that separates the two levels has cracked over the years...i would like to fix this but it might be beyond me...it there anything i can cap it with that is more pliable than cement??..the house is old and it seems to shift a bit with the change of seasons...i am afraid of moisture also getting in...any ideas??...thanks ..Deb
Can you post some photos?
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

cinder block

Hi Ron..thanks for responding...I have taken a few pics..but they wont seem to upload....can i e mail them to you??...It appears the cement cap has been parged in the past...doesnt seem to have lasted....so...hoping for another idea...i have only had the house since last august....i have been picking away at the inside...now that springs here i really have to get on this...thanks.. Deb
diygal41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

cinder block

Quote:
Originally Posted by diygal41 View Post
Hi Ron..thanks for responding...I have taken a few pics..but they wont seem to upload....can i e mail them to you??...It appears the cement cap has been parged in the past...doesnt seem to have lasted....so...hoping for another idea...i have only had the house since last august....i have been picking away at the inside...now that springs here i really have to get on this...thanks.. Deb
At the top of the forum is a "how to post pictures" tutorial. Having it posted here will mean more people will see it. Especially the concrete guys.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote