Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 56
Rewards Points: 75

Chimney cap question

I've got two chimneys, one from the living room, and one from the dining room. At the top of the chimney, there is a metal cover, to which the "squirrel cage" chimney cap is attached. My problem is that on both chimneys, the metal cover has rusted through, and I'm getting some leaking when it rains. I don't know where to get new ones. Lowe's and HD have the squirrel cage part, but haven't been able to find the cover part, sorry, don't know what it's called. Any ideas? The guy I had come out to clean the flues when I bought the house offered to make them for about $1K, which seemed a bit steep.

sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 141
Rewards Points: 75

Chimney cap question

Contact a local sheet metal shop.


Zero Punch is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
water leaking through brick chimney quigleybmd Concrete, Stone & Masonry 45 02-26-2013 05:26 PM
Basement Renovation Question KUIPORNG Remodeling 234 08-26-2008 09:19 AM
Moisture-proofing chimney box wall penetration faithmyeyes Roofing/Siding 3 01-06-2007 12:23 AM
Addition around existing brick chimney Adenmoor Building & Construction 2 11-20-2004 11:37 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.