Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Demolition Mode

Rewards Points: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to HandyDave
Share |

Building a temporary workshop inside of large pole building

I am exploring the possibility of building a temporary workshop inside of a pole shed to restore a couple of tractors throughout this year. The size would be 20x 24x 8. The pole shed currently has compacted "Screenings" ( small gravel and gravel binder when compacted is just as hard as concrete) for a floor which is level and dry

So for flooring I am thinking of laying down a vapor barrier, laying treated 2x4's 16"oc and covering with 3/4 inch tounge and groove sturdi floor. I will then continue building up from there as if I was building on a floating slab.

My question is do you think the sturdi floor will support the weight of the tractor? 2500 lbs Remember the studs will be laying flat (the wide side up) directly on the ground

Ideas - Suggestions?

HandyDave is offline   Reply With Quote