Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Building codes

Where would I be able to find building codes at? All residential all areas PLumbing Electric etc.. Is there a web site I can find this info?

68MHJCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Building codes

http://bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/

Be safe, Gary

Old 12-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Building codes

Not the actual code..What the code is. EX a outlet must be how many inches from the floor. Proper insulation for certain areas, proper way to run plumbing.
68MHJCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #4

Building codes

Do you want to know the minimum building code that County's base their amendments on? This Code Check Building, Canada is the same exact one used in the U.S., just 5 years old: FREE download, 30 pages: http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=...code+of+canada

Be safe, Gary
Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

Building codes

Is there a trick to downloading the files? It says enter the code to download...so i do...and all it does is bring up a new page asking you to enter the same code over and over and over
TitaniumVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #6

Building codes

Codes vary all over the country. Localities modify basic codes to suit themselves, so what you read on the net may not apply to your area. Check local building department.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #7

Building codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MHJCs View Post
Not the actual code..What the code is. EX a outlet must be how many inches from the floor. Proper insulation for certain areas, proper way to run plumbing.
Sorry about that. Apparently they stopped the free download sometime after I got mine a year ago.

" EX a outlet must be how many inches from the floor." ----- depends on local code amendments.

"Proper insulation for certain areas" -- If in the U.S., D.O.E. : http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs+walls/...on/ins_16.html

" proper way to run plumbing." ----- I refer to books for what I question: http://books.google.com/books?q=inst...ell=1&oi=spell

Be safe, Gary