Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #1

Share |

Brick a house

I have a small house I rent that I would like brick. It is on a slab, but the slab doesn't extend any more than what is built onto it now. The exterior is mostly masonite (lap siding). It is 2 story, so I may only be able to brick so far and then have to finish with vinyl siding.

How do you brick an existing house?

-Matthew
3DPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #2

Brick a house

You can use either thin brick over stucco, pour a brickledge, or attach an angle to the foundation.
Tscarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #3

Brick a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
You can use either thin brick over stucco, pour a brickledge, or attach an angle to the foundation.

I would like something as soundproof and secure as I can get, sounds like pouring a brickledge is what I need.. I don't know what attach an angle to the foundation' means..

How deep/wide? How do you secure the bricks to the wall? Do I remove the masonite first? Do I need to add a housewrap first?

Thanks

-Matthew
3DPiper is offline   Reply With Quote