Boulder Colorado Addition
Hi, We are in the planning stages of popping the top of our ranch house in Boulder Colorado. We are planning on adding a second story to the house. Can anyone give us any guidance on the framing cost considering the following:
1) The 2nd story would be 960 Sq Ft, same as the 1st floor
2) Stairs would have to be build
3) We want to reuse the current Trusses
4) Framing to include interior walls, but no drywall, Second storey would be framed to 3 beds, 2 baths and two closets
5) No siding, we can do that ourselves
6) The first floor has 8 ft ceilings
7) Framing would include windows, and the Tyvek wrap, thus water seal.
8) The foundation is a crawlspace
Thanks in advance
This site strongly discourages members asking for or providing even loose budget numbers, let alone specific numbers. We haven't seen your job, aren't familiar with it, and the best person to come up with cost estimates is you and your builder.
Thanks. Didn't know that. I was simply looking for some guidance on the subject
From the internet, there is no way to determine the amount of framing work that would be required, nor what things need to be re-inforced on the first floor. There are far too many factors to take into consideration, including overhead costs for a framing company to operate in your region, logistics, etc, etc, etc.
It's like asking us to guess your weight.
Sorry, you will have to contact some qualified contractors in your area, and get quotes.
Best of luck.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.