Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Blueseal Foundation Waterproofing

I was wondering if anyone has used the Blueseal waterproofing on their foundation?

I've cut my house from the foundation and moved it away getting ready to build the new one in it's place with an addition to the rear. I trenched out all around for new drainage while I was at it. For the walls I want to apply a waterproof system so I thought I'd go with Blueseal, 2" xps, and then a dimple membrane. I'll backfill with 3/4" rock 2-3' deep as well.

I was going to have a friend sandblast my foundation but he is really busy and I don't want to wait too long and have the walls fall in. I'm wondering if the sealer will stick to the old tar if I scrub it clean???

Thanks,
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Blueseal Foundation Waterproofing-mini-foundation1.jpg  

sgo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Blueseal Foundation Waterproofing

Blueseal can be applied over any cured asphalt based coating. Clean off the walls with a power washer and you should be good to go.

GerryinBelleRiv is offline   Reply With Quote