DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Blown in insulation covering (

mathias400 03-18-2010 10:51 PM

Blown in insulation covering
I have blown in insulation in my unfinished walkout basement. They put some kind of thin white cheesecloth like material over it to keep it place. I am now finishing my basement and need more of it to hold in insulation on interior walls between finished portion and storage areas. I took a piece to lowes and hd and they looked at me like I was nuckin futs. Any clue as to what this stuff is and where I can get it?

Bob Mariani 03-19-2010 07:30 AM

the problem you have is this is not a correct installation. For walls you need to use a wet mix dense packed cellulose insulation. Remove what you have and add it t the attic. For basements use only foam insulation. Either sprayed or rigid foam.

mathias400 03-19-2010 08:52 AM

Maybe I should have elaborated, the blown in is only on the portions of the walk out that are stick framing, not concrete, there is no issue with this is there? I have put up foam insulation on the concrete and am framing against that before I fill it with insulation. The interior walls I am building which are not againist concrete are going to have insulation blown in and is where I need the paper covering

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1