Best Product For Interior Air Barrier - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Best Product for interior air barrier

According to the Ontario building code we must have air barrier affixed to concrete basement wall then insulation without any air space then vapour barrier. The extruded and spray foam products are not an option for us so we must go with batt insulation....what is the best air barrier..Tyvek can this be used interiorly or tar paper...or am I missing some wonder product. I must say insulating the basement seems to be the one subject that there are two competing trains of thought on. (Northern Cottage no air conditioning but very very cold) Any help would be of assistance . Installing this weekend if possible

Advertisement

Last edited by Sellwithnic; 02-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Sellwithnic is offline   Reply With Quote