Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Exclamation

The Best DIY-friendly Air Compressor

Looking for the best air compressor for light-duty, DIY-friendly use. Probably going to use it max once or twice a week. Fill tires, maybe run a nail gun or stapler. Might also use it to blow out auto parts or electric woodworking tools. Price isn't necessarily an option, but I don't really think I need anything too fancy. It's a gift for my ninety-year old Grandfather, so i wouldn't mind buying something that's easy to use and well-built. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Demiankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

The Best DIY-friendly Air Compressor

I did a lot of research and this model was consistently recommended: Porter Cable 6 gal pancake compressor model C2002. COnsistent positive reviews on reliability and performance.

I bought one; using it to drive framing nailer for large basement remodel. Easy to use, easy to move around. Not too noisy. Unplug it after charging up the tank and carry the air out to the driveway with no problem. Love it. I have not used a paint sprayer with it yet. May be more than needed but for $159...

Guy

DIY_ing_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air compressor, compressor, grand father