Bathroom Vent Van Roof Flashing - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,642

Bathroom Vent Van Roof Flashing

This is sort of plumbing...sort of roofing....so I figure this is a good a place to ask...

I need to install a roof vent for my new bathroom vent fan.

Going on a typical 5:12 pitch asphalt shingle roof. Any issues with these units? The flashing flange seems a bit small compared to the taller vent flashings (you know, those ugly ones that looks like half a pipe on it's side.)

I already have the shingles off in this area so I'll be able to the tar paper on top of it....I just wish the flange was larger..

Any better suggestions? In my area...not that much rain...but when we do get it...we usually also have a lot of wind.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/bath/ba...kit-66750.html

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

I installed two of those units on my roof two years ago and I've had no issues at all even with a tropical storm and ridiculous freeze/thaw winter...had bad ice dams at the gutters, but the vents didn't leak a drop

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 686

I've also never had an issue with them. If it makes you feel better add some sealer under it before you install it and even add some window tape starting at the bottom then the sides and one across the top.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGWhitehouse View Post
I installed two of those units on my roof two years ago and I've had no issues at all even with a tropical storm and ridiculous freeze/thaw winter...had bad ice dams at the gutters, but the vents didn't leak a drop
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
I've also never had an issue with them. If it makes you feel better add some sealer under it before you install it and even add some window tape starting at the bottom then the sides and one across the top.
Good idea....certainly can't hurt.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote