Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Bathroom Renovation tips

A repair to our living room will be better if we give workers access to a wall from the adjoining room. So, now we have a bathroom re-do on our hands. We welcome it, as this bathroom is hideous and was overdue to be addressed.

Questions:
1.) The renovation will entail a new tub and single vanity. Where do people get these? The big boxes? I'm in Atlanta, so if there are places known for supplying these I should have access. I've just never been in the market before.

2.) I've never tiled before, but friends/family are encouraging me to give it a try. I'm a pretty good DIYer. The floor sounds doable, but I'm concerned about the walls around the tub. On a scale of 1 - 10, what is the DIY difficulty level of tiling walls/surround above the tub?

HHac8014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #2

Bathroom Renovation tips

I did my bathroom over a few years ago and I am very happy with the results. You can definitely tackle it. I would approached it by asking a lot of questions before you do it and do your research. There are some tips that you will get. There is plenty of help on this site and there is a dedicated tile site that is something like johnbridge tile forum. Between the two you'll be fine. Take your time!!!

bfan781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #3

Bathroom Renovation tips

I recently gutted and remodeled our hall bathroom. I bought the vanity via Costco online - very nice unit we really liked at a good price and delivered to my door. The Kohler soaking tub and all Kohler fausets I got via a local plumbing supply for a good price. Wall, shower surround, and floor tile came from Home Depot and Lowes - good price, decent selection, and whatever you don't like or use is readily returnable. Toto toilet from a local building supply. Mirror was inexpensive from Home Goods, and light fixtures from a lighting store.

Last edited by vsheetz; 04-19-2010 at 08:44 PM.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote