Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bathroom remodel

I am moving the inside bathroom to an outside wall - everything I have seen on HGTV and in the model homes in my area show three different areas of the bath - a separate room for the toilet, the vanity and shower. I would like a walk-in shower with no door but am unable to find a standard size. The walk-in shower bathtub conversions seem very small. I have measured the walk-in showers in the model homes and have found them to be about 6' long and 4' wide. Is this a good size? My builder thinks it might be too big. (no one is handicap - just like the look of the large shower)

What do you think about the rain shower systems fixtures. I am looking at the remote model where you can turn on just the main shower head or have all jets going at the same time. I am wondering if the price of $2000 (approx) without the plumber installing is the best way to go. I am looking for a classic look with a custom touch. What do you think. The only negative thing I have read is that this type of system gets your hair wet every time.

Does this type of bathroom remodel really increase the value of the home. I have a six bedroom - three bath and this remodel is of the master bedroom bath.

Any help will be appreciate.

thanks.

eebnmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 2,384

bathroom remodel

I have a site for you to look at--Quick Drain USA - Channel Drain, a tub to steam shower conversion. - Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum

While you are there--go to specialty trades--kitchen and bath.(I'm Mikeswoods over there.)

By the way--the multi-headed shower mixers have a dial that lets you pick the head or heads that the water comes out of.-No wet hair unless you choose it.

4 x 6 is a large shower. Not ridicules--but quite large.---Mike--

oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oh'mike For This Useful Post:
eebnmb (05-02-2010)
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

bathroom remodel

what size would be a good walk-in shower size?
eebnmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

bathroom remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebnmb View Post
what size would be a good walk-in shower size?
For how many people ?
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote