Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bathroom floor falling down

How do I fix my bathroom floor with limited income to do so and would I be able to do it myself?

Last edited by wickscarol; 12-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
wickscarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,342

Yes, but as you stated that you have limited income so it would be kind of hard. Check around with local churches to see if they have a Men's Ministry that could help you out. You would have to in turn have to possibly donate time back in kind.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,130

The start of any project is to understand exactly what the problem is, come up with a repair approach, then execute the repair. You need to describe exactly what the problem is, post some pictures. Based on your initial post, I have no idea what you are referring to, your issues could be anything from the joists failing to the tile popping to the subfloor heaving. The better you describe your situation, the easier it will be to discuss options.
Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Like Daniel said: we really need to understand you situation better in order to help. There are repairs that can be made very inexpensively and with little preexisting skills, and there are repairs that can get rather complicated. You say your "floor is falling down." We have no way to know whether or not that's a structural issue without more information. Can you explain in more detail?
dave54 is offline   Reply With Quote