Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #1

Share |

Basement Systems Waterguard Drain Tile Question

http://www.basementsystems.com/basem...aterguard.html

Can someone help me find a way to acquire about 150ft of this stuff? I am looking to waterproof my basement and have decided that the product in the link above would be the best for my situation and I really want to get it.

The problem is, there is only one company (a franchise) in town who sells it and they only sell it installed - which is QUITE PRICEY.

Anyone know of an alternative way to get this stuff? Or know of another product that is very similar?

franzcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #2

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

The availability is poor and the price is high(for what you get) when you go with a franchised "gimmick" product.

There are better and cheaper ways, but they take more of your effort.

Somebody has to pay for the patents, advertising and a specialized product and that ends up being the end user.

Dick

Last edited by concretemasonry; 03-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.
concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #3

As soon as I get enough posts to be able to PM, ill send you something where you can get it.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #4

here's what we use when faced w/wtrproofing monopour footer/floors,,, its easily modified to fit your situation,,, [ NO financial interest ] http://waterproof.com/DIY-flooded-ba...-pressure.html,,, what we like is the floor's still its original thickness when replaced so probability increases the new/old conc jnt will more easily resist random cracking

you're welcome !

if you hear it from a guy in the apron store, be VERY suspicious the mtl/method will work,,, when it time to build something together, they won't answer phones NOR help
itsreallyconc is offline   Reply With Quote