Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #1

Share |

Basement Project

I have some ideas on what I want to do but am looking for suggestions. 125 year old house. Stone walls, concrete slab floors. One side is being used for laundry (have cleaned, prepped and painted part of it, but the uneven walls still collect dust) The project is for the other side which I want to use for instruments. Not a formal recording studio but still can't have dust. I'm not trying to create a real room down there really, I just want to cover the walls to protect the instruments. It is dry and relatively warm down there. If the walls were not crumbly and dust collectors I'd leave them alone. I'm not even sure insulation is necessary. I thought I'd use DRIcore subfloor on the floor in case I ever do get moisture. I'd really rather not do drywall, would rather use plywood, paneling and maybe eventually put carpet over that. This will end up being my "mom cave" for music. Needs to be a one woman job. Insulation? If so, what type? (rigid foam or none I think) Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Basement Project-poopoo-004.jpg  

Last edited by Trish99; 02-25-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Adding pic
Trish99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement walls stone