Basement Man Cave Question - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

basement man cave question

I do not want to do a drop ceiling due to short ceiling height so I am strongly considering an "industrial" look and hiring a painter to spray the ceiling black.....the duct work, water pipes (which is a plastic pex type [rodcut), wires, everything!!! Many restaurants and homes in our area (Bham, AL) are doing this. I love it and the wife is somewhat warming up to it....my question is this....is there any cons I should be aware of if we do this? Things to avoid, etc. Painter said he would use a flat paint called "dry fall". Falls to a fine powder. Anything you can suggest would be great. We would use track lighting so we have flexibility with the lights.

Advertisement

mikey1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,032

just makes sure any holes in the floor are sealed before spraying .... don't want flat black in the upstairs area

Advertisement

"You get what you pay for, and sometimes free costs more!"
GBrackins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,716

buy a sprayer and do it yourself.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote