DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Basement Ceiling Drywall- ? When wall is concrete

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JasonRieke 
#1 ·
Hi,
We're finishing our basement and putting drywall on the ceiling. Some of the new walls will be drywall, however the outside walls are formed concrete, and will not be having drywall attached to them.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle the connection where the drywall ceiling meets the concrete wall?

Thanks

#3 ·
When I do a basment remodel I build a 2x4 wall an inch off of the concrete wall. It's just easier to do electrical, insulate if needed. Is that the answer your looking for???

Or you don't want to build wall and can't figure out how to finish the drywall corner butted to block. I personally wouldn't use mud, I would just pick out some trim to cover gap and screw holes...

Bob
Bob

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The reason we don't want to (need to) drywall the walls is because the house is new, and the walls are nice the way they are. We've already sprayed them (divided the wall about 3 ft up with two different colors) and it looks great. It's a bar/rec room so we didn't want to spend the extra time/money on the drywall walls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.