Automatic Gable Shutter - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

automatic gable shutter

I purchased an attic fan with an auto thermostat. It has a templet that is a circle that I cut out onto the plywood as instructed. Then I purchased an automatic gable shutter and it also has a templet which is rectangler. I only have vinyl siding where this is being installed. The automatic gable shutter requires a rectangler to be cut and I am confused on what to do. My question is do I cut the siding to a rectangular because I already cut a circle for the fan while the siding was removed? Hoping to get some expert advice on this project.

Advertisement

mammaw810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 568

automatic gable shutter

Not your ansewer but you would be way ahead of the game, have better roof venting, no motors or thermatates to deal with, no noise, and no power to have to pay for with a simple to install ridge vent instead of a gable vent.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote