Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #1

Share |

Attic Project Advice Needed

Here is the scoop. I live in a 1907 home with an walk up attic. I just finished framing the attic. I used to have a brick chimney going through my roof (for boiler, there is NO fireplace in the house). The chimney leaked like crazy cause of deterioration. A contracter came out, removed it, put in a metal stack and new liner all the way to my basement.

Fast foward back to my attic project.

I removed the brick from under the roof line since it was in pretty bad shape, leaving the flex liner exposed. I built the knee wall and now the flex line is about 3 inches from the bottom plate of the knee wall. I'm worried about heat being so close to the wood. when i turn my heat on full blast, the flex line gets warm, but I can still touch it, but after a few seconds i have to pull my hand away from heat. is there some other type of barrier i can add.

would putting cement board on the back side of the knee wall facing the liner work?

thanks in advance.

StephenLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Mod

Sure would.
kwikfishron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

I'll do that then. It might get pretty close to liner (like inch away) but i dont think it would generate enough heat to cause a fire.
StephenLevi is offline   Reply With Quote