Attaching Leger Board To Stucco - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Attaching Leger Board To Stucco

I am building a sunroom off of my family room. I have to install a leger board on stucco to support my new sunroom roof. I have two questions about the installation and weatherproofing of the board.

I read a post on this site that dated back to 2005 that addressed this problem. The post suggested taking your circular saw with masonry blade, and cutting a 15 degree notch along the top side of the stucco where the top of your leger board would be. He then suggested putting on some type of copper flashing as well as adding a membrane to the installation. He said he had a diagram of how it was done, and if the person wanted it, he would email it to them. I think I understood what he was saying about the installation, but I would like to get copy of the diagram just to make sure I've got it right.

My second question is this. Because the installation is going around a corner, how do I finish the 15 degree cut into the stucco when I reach the corner, as the circular saw won't reach into the corner. Any ideas?
I'd be glad to hear them. I know I could figure this out eventually, but if someone has run into this before, it would make my job a lot easier.

Thanks,
John Charles

Advertisement

John Charles is offline   Reply With Quote