Attaching Firring Strips To A Brick Face - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Attaching firring strips to a brick face

In a few weeks I hope to start on a project that will have me covering over a brick facade with clapboard siding. I will be attaching firring strips to the brick.

What I'm wondering is what kind of air tools I'm looking at for driving nails into such heavy backing.

Does anyone here have experience with doing this, or advice on what kind of specs I'll need for the job? I will be ordering a compressor (a birthday present) shortly, and I want to make sure that I get something powerful enough for the job.

Thanks,
Raketemensch

Advertisement

Raketemensch is offline   Reply With Quote