DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Attach a bolt to drywall

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redline 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to attach my sorround speakers to my drywall, it has a bolt hole which probably takes a M8. I am trying to attach the bolt to the drywall thru some kind of U channel or plate with a groove so the Bolt slides in and the head is flush with the wall. I can use a piece of wood, drill hole for the bolt and slightly larger countersink for the head and then screw the piece of wood to the wall. I am looking for any suggestions for doing this better.

As always appreciate all the feedback

kind regards
shyla

#2 ·
hdayanan said:
Hi,

I am trying to attach my sorround speakers to my drywall, it has a bolt hole which probably takes a M8. I am trying to attach the bolt to the drywall thru some kind of U channel or plate with a groove so the Bolt slides in and the head is flush with the wall. I can use a piece of wood, drill hole for the bolt and slightly larger countersink for the head and then screw the piece of wood to the wall. I am looking for any suggestions for doing this better.

As always appreciate all the feedback

kind regards
shyla
How much do the speakers weigh?

Try a toggle bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.