Asphalt Driveway - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 282
Question

Asphalt driveway

I was looking at getting an asphalt driveway done. I know most of these guys are either scammers or fly-by-nighters. I will definitely check references, licenses, etc.

What should I be looking for as far as technical questions to ask them as far as prepping and building an asphalt driveway to ensure that the guy knows what he is talking about and I know that I am getting what I pay for. Also, what is a typical rate for their work?

Advertisement

tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Asphalt driveway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
I was looking at getting an asphalt driveway done. I know most of these guys are either scammers or fly-by-nighters. I will definitely check references, licenses, etc.

What should I be looking for as far as technical questions to ask them as far as prepping and building an asphalt driveway to ensure that the guy knows what he is talking about and I know that I am getting what I pay for. Also, what is a typical rate for their work?
Rates will vary from one area to another, Call 3 in your area for an estimate. the cheapest job may be just that, beware. ask for addresses in your area to go look at jobs done. Also just a tid bit, I personnally went with concrete, (Stamped w/colors) If done properly will last for years,and not require much to maintain.

Advertisement

butlersprints is offline   Reply With Quote