Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Anyone heard of Enviroguard or Windsor windows?

Need to find out about these windows. I am still window shopping and thought I had it narrowed down to Marvin, Anderson & Eagle. I know Eagle is owned by Anderson, but I am looking at their line as well. The problem is I went back and looked at what the contractor had proposed and these were the 2 companies he offered up. So I am trying to find anyone who might know something or had worked with either of these products and what kind of feed back you had on them. Thanks.

Hoyacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Rewards Points: 1,000

I haven't seen there product up north here. can't help. I believe they target your climate zone. BOB

Last edited by buletbob; 07-31-2008 at 11:05 PM.
buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

I have seen Windsor and even bought one ( should have taken it back it didnt match the other windows) It seams to be very simular to an Anderson
clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
registered

Rewards Points: 514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyacoach View Post
Need to find out about these windows. I am still window shopping and thought I had it narrowed down to Marvin, Anderson & Eagle. I know Eagle is owned by Anderson, but I am looking at their line as well. The problem is I went back and looked at what the contractor had proposed and these were the 2 companies he offered up. So I am trying to find anyone who might know something or had worked with either of these products and what kind of feed back you had on them. Thanks.

Marvin is the way to go. Thats a cadillac there Anybody tells you there not there full of crap. Concerning the windows he wants to go with. Maybe thats what his supply house offers. But that doesn't mean you have to go with that. Its your house and you have the final say so. I also like pella's aritectual (spelling) series. Your in a hot weather climate would recomend getting argon filled windows. Which is a gas that stops the heat from coming through in the summer. Its also works on a reverse principle for the winter to make the house warmer. When looking at the marvins your wide open on those. They come with anything you want between the glass for efficency.. Example low e, argon filled, etc. Have the salesperson explain every option available between the glass for energy efficency. As stated about i also like the pella aritectual series once again your wide open there between the glass. I also like pella's designer series. There the ones where you can get window coverings which can be replaced easily if you should decided to update your decor or shades mounted between the glass. You have the option shades or coverings. Which in a hot weather climate might not be a bad ideal.

Last edited by 747; 08-01-2008 at 01:12 PM.
747 is offline   Reply With Quote