Anybody In Pierce County (WA)??? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Anybody in Pierce County (WA)???

the reason i ask is im trying to get a feel for the whole permit process. anybody with first hand expirience know if my project will even need a permit or how complicated it will be to get one? Here's a link to my project: Building a Pole Garage myself, got a few ?'s

i still want to go with no electricity, no windows, no foundation: example-slab, being that my project is pretty basic, what is there really to inspect? i dont need sprinklers because its just a power less garage, get my drift? the other thing im concerned about is if there is an inspection for my site, what if the inspector is a real d*ck? and starts looking at other things wrong with the house and fibnds violations? im a little nervous about that. I talked really breifly with a woman from the PALS department (permit office) and she said something about since my plan doesnt have a foundation, i wont need architectual drawings. Can sombody local from pierce county clear some of this stuff up for me? Thanks

Advertisement

jk333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Your very best option is to contact the local codes authority, and perhaps discuss your project with the inspector. That way you're going at it proactively instead of wondering how it will go while you're starting the project.

I think you'll find that most inspectors are pretty easy to deal with if you contact them before work begins and establish a working relationship and a mutual understanding of the project.

Advertisement

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekctermite View Post
Your very best option is to contact the local codes authority, and perhaps discuss your project with the inspector. That way you're going at it proactively instead of wondering how it will go while you're starting the project.

I think you'll find that most inspectors are pretty easy to deal with if you contact them before work begins and establish a working relationship and a mutual understanding of the project.

advice taken, i forgot to mention that i havent started yet.
jk333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
county , permit , pierce