Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #1

Share |

Any opinions on DYI polyurethane injection kits?

New poster here.

I have been browsing this site for many months since I started my basement finish project. I am truly impressed with the amount of things I have learned already.

I have 3 vertical cracks in my poured basement walls. I bought the house in July and it was built in 2005. The basement is bone dry and I have not seen any moisture even with the endless rain we had this fall in Michigan.

I am now starting to finish the basement. I had a company quote the polyurethane injection for the cracks and it was very expensive so I looked online and found several DIY port injection kits. I can fix all my cracks for a reasonable price if I do it myself.

There are several companies online selling the kits but they seem to be offering the same product just a different company name selling it.

Do these DIY polyurethane injection work? Has anyone bought and used them with success? If it is worth it I want to seal the cracks for piece of mind before I insulate and drywall.

Rooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #2

Wow 98 views and no one has used one of these kits?

Rooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #3

I think you need to find why the cracks happened. Are you planning an expensive band aid on something that will reappear. I know nothing about this poly injection so I don't know if it can be done effectively from the inside or if you need to excavate and inject from the outside.
mrgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

rim-joist insulation - spray or sheet foam?

Post #9 Homesealed mentions a froth pack. There are plenty of You Tube demonstrations on using these types of kits.

There is a You Tube video demonstrating how to do just about anything.

B
Beepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Concrete & Masonry

Hopefully "itsreallyconcrete" see's this and can comment, as he certainly has the experience in these kind of repairs........
jomama45 is offline   Reply With Quote