Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
DCC

Rewards Points: 10

Aluminum Sided House to Vinyl Sided Addition

I have a 9' X 12' screen porch attached to a 1950's style cape that I'm enclosing. The porch is located on the side of the house, flush with the front. When complete, it will appear that the house has been lengthed by 9'.

The house is aluminum sided. The new vinyl sided matches the aluminum in color (white) and reveal (4"). No problems there.

The issue is mating the aluminum corner channel with vinyl j-channel. Since this is the front of the house and I am not an aluminum siding professional, I do not want to risk damage to siding by removing the corner piece.

I've attached some pictures.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this?
Attached Images

DCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Rewards Points: 1,000

Aluminum Sided House to Vinyl Sided Addition

if the framing is matched to the existing then I would strip the whole side of the house and reside it with the vinyl. or you could pull off the corner and install an H channel and run your siding into that. being a contractor I would go the first route, it would look much better. BOB

buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
addition, aluminum, vinyl