Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #1

Share |

Aluminum replacement window sources??

I was curious if anyone can recommend any companies that sell replacement aluminum windows? Anyone have them installed and are happy with the price and performance of them? I am looking for the clean modern look that aluminum framed windows offers. Thanks for the feedback.

clone477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #2

I don't know of anyone still making all aluminum windows. There are aluminum clad wood windows, and there may still be someone that makes aluminum storm windows, but not all aluminum windows. Too difficult to make them energy efficient.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #3

Jeld Wen makes some, but only for some regions. I agree it's tough to find clean looking windows that match a contemporary design. Here's a link: http://www.jeld-wen.com/catalog/wind...g?related=true
JoeLena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #4

[quote=JoeLena;597644]Jeld Wen makes some, but only for some regions. I agree it's tough to find clean looking windows that match a contemporary design. Here's a link: http://www.jeld-wen.com/catalog/wind...g?related=true[/

Jeld Wen is now a Canadian Company. In debt up to their ears! Good Luck if they make out of their Debt Issues. They are almost a $3 Billion Dollar Company but yet have $1.5 in debt. They could go bankraupt, in which the warranties may not be worth the paper they are printed on. Jeld wen is selling alot of properties and closing several plants and letting alot of people go who have put alot in to this company. And the employees who own alot of stock are now getting hood winked. Please buy American!
EmilyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone477 View Post
I was curious if anyone can recommend any companies that sell replacement aluminum windows? Anyone have them installed and are happy with the price and performance of them? I am looking for the clean modern look that aluminum framed windows offers. Thanks for the feedback.
Why do you want aluminum windows?
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #6

Ron asked a good question "why" aluminum? If you look at windows start at the top. I suggest;

Eagle-aluminum
Marvin-fiberglass
Andersen - A Series Windows--Fibrex composite
400 Series Woodwright- fibrex sashes, vinyl clad frames
Erickp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #7

JELD-WEN is still an American Company based in Klamath Falls, OR. They were never in danger of going BK. Just some wishful thinking of some detractors. They are now probably the in the strongest cash position of any window and door company. They just announced a $120 million project to complete their door plant in Louisiana and I wouldn't be surprised to see them expand in the next year.Yes a lot of people lost stock value. The same can be said of every part of the building industry and everyone involved.

JELD WEN has a very nice aluminum window that is available in the southwest. It use to be known as Windowmaster now is their Premium Aluminum. It is available as aretro fit or new construction.
The new energy codes are going to make it very hard for aluminum to be used as a window material.

Socalwindowguy is offline   Reply With Quote