Aluminum Casing On Front Porch Pillars - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Lightbulb

Aluminum Casing on Front Porch Pillars

So I have 4 pillars on my front porch. These pillars seem to have an aluminum decorative casing around the 4x4 which I assume is under them. My question is, How do I remove the aluminum casing? There is a peice on the bottom and top that will slide up and down, but the main casing peice goes all the way to the floor and all the way up to the porch roof. There are two seams on either side of the casing as well. I would assume they would be some type of tongue and groove. But I just can't seem to figure out how to remove the casing. Anybody have any ideas? Let me know if you need pictures.

Advertisement

DRoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 81

Aluminum Casing on Front Porch Pillars

Dont assume there is a 4x4 under them. They sound like aluminum columns. They are probably hollow. Make sure you support the roof before you try to remove them

Advertisement

paul100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns , pillars , posts