Air Hose Maximum Lenght And Size??? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Air hose maximum lenght and size???

I just purchased a framing nail gun to go with my 33 gallon compressor and need to go about 150ft away from the compressor to use it. Are there any restrictions I need to be aware of as to size or length? I've used air tools before but never such a long run...any advice would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement

phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

yes, there is but I don't know the calculations. If you can simply hook it up on the ground (like in the garage before you even start the project) and try it out, you will know if the hose is too small or long.

You lose pressure and volume due to the resistance of the hose. If it can be countered by setting the pressure up on your compressor, there will be no problem.

I did a very quick search and came up with this calculator. It should give you the info you need.http://www.gates.com/industrial/pressure/airFlow.cfm

Advertisement

nap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nap For This Useful Post:
phone man (11-28-2010)
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Framing Contractor

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
I just purchased a framing nail gun to go with my 33 gallon compressor and need to go about 150ft away from the compressor to use it. Are there any restrictions I need to be aware of as to size or length? I've used air tools before but never such a long run...any advice would be great. Thanks!
You can use 150' of 1/4" hose for framing with no problems at all.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #4

cool- I've got 150' of 3/8 hose and was hoping that would do it but needing to build a chicken coop at the very back of the yard--by the way-just got a smoking deal at Lowe's for a 5-piece nailer set in case anybody's interested-it's a Campbell Hausfeld but they've gotten great reviews and figured it would be good enough to putter around the house with projects... in case anybody wants to give their opinion on this it is VERY welcome also-Thanks so far! OH YEAH-IT'S ON A HUGE SALE RIGHT NOW TOO!! appealed to the poor side of me...LOL

http://www.lowes.com/pd_325598-43657...Dnailer%2Bkit#
Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
cool- I've got 150' of 3/8 hose and was hoping that would do it but needing to build a chicken coop at the very back of the yard--by the way-just got a smoking deal at Lowe's for a 5-piece nailer set in case anybody's interested-it's a Campbell Hausfeld but they've gotten great reviews and figured it would be good enough to putter around the house with projects... in case anybody wants to give their opinion on this it is VERY welcome also-Thanks so far! OH YEAH-IT'S ON A HUGE SALE RIGHT NOW TOO!! appealed to the poor side of me...LOL

http://www.lowes.com/pd_325598-43657...Dnailer%2Bkit#
if you think I'm an idiot for buying this feel free also...just did some research and the kit has gotten ALL 5 star ratings and just seemed like an awesome deal...
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #6

is there anybody out there?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

Ya but it appears your question was answered. Was there something else?

Advertisement

nap is offline   Reply With Quote