DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   adjustable structural tension rods (

tns1 08-31-2010 12:37 AM

adjustable structural tension rods
I have sometimes seen these on bridges or other structures. They are composed of two threaded rods joined by a special turnbuckle with right and left handed threads to adjust the tension. Sometimes cable is used instead of rod. Smaller versions may be used to prevent sag on a wide gate or door.

I am trying to find a supplier but I don't know what they are called.

tns1 08-31-2010 12:49 AM

Found it. "Tie rods"

gregzoll 08-31-2010 07:59 AM

The pieces you are talking about that turn, are called what else, Turn Buckles.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1