Addition receiving water in lower room (hi res pics)....
Where do I start?
1) No flashing detail were new wall is attached to old roof.
2) No flashing detail on belly band between 1st and 2nd floor.
3) No flashing detail on 1st floor window.
4) No flashing detail on 2nd floor window.
5) Big gap at bottom of old roofline just inviting the water in.
6) Siding almost falling off the wall were old meets new doesn’t help either.
That’s just what I can see.
The same crew that did this fine work might also have,
Not have the house wrap installed properly or missing in spots.
Window flanges not sealed to the house.
Don’t know if flashing is done correctly were new roof meets old.
Looks like stucco on the old but what is it on the new a stucco looking sheet product? Are the seams or bats caulked?
There is all kinds of places water can be getting in the best way to find out is get out there with a hose with someone on the inside and starting from the bottom slowly and systematically work the hose up the wall.
You’ll find your leaks.
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
Especially In The DIY Chatroom
Please include your basic location in your profile. Some of the answers given are specific to a Region or State.
Last edited by kwikfishron; 05-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.