Addition To Existing Walk Out - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Quasi Painter

Rewards Points: 10

Addition to existing walk out

Ok, I've got this existing house, circa 1950's...was moved from original site to new location on new concrete walk-out foundation...On the side of the addition the foundation at tie in protrudes about 2 feet above grade and grade drops about 4 feet over the expanse of the addition...walk-out not an issue.

I'm not wanting to pour a new basement just a foundation with crawl space...Should I have an escavator build up the existing grade then dig footings, or skip the build up and opt to pour the deeper wall?

Thanks

Advertisement

alittleboutalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:26 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Addition to existing walk out

The footings need to be below the frostline. Pour the footings and foundation first. You can backfill later if you like that look.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote