Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Addition Cost

I know this is a vague question but I thought I'd throw out some details to see if I could get a baseball price from anyone who might have done something similar.

I live in SE Penn. and have a 2-story, 1500 sq. ft. colonial, roughly 25 x 30 with full basement. I would like to add on a two story addition on the one side of the house, I have the space within the setback lines, and was curious about cost.

I would like to also extend the basement with the addition, I spoke with a friend who does basement work and he roughly said it should be about $5k as long as there's no rock, etc.

I would like the addition to be two stories with or without the basement.

All I want is a weather tight shell. I will do all the plumbing, elec., HVAC and additional framing within the shell.

Anyone done something similar? Is there a flat contractor rate for this type of thing?

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Addition Cost

This is a DIY sit, not for cost estimates
Too many variables & costs vary widely by location
Get several local estimates & check references

Thank you

Closed Thread