Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Addition of concrete sidewalk around pool

Pool enclosure
I am adding a pool enclosure around my pool and need to extend my side walks to install the tracks that the enclosure will sit on.
How much concrete do I need

Can someone tell me how much concrete I would need to finish the sidewalk around my inground pool?
These are the measurements
2 corner slabs that are 4X4 each
1 section to join pool sidewalk to patio is 22X5
2 sections one on each side of the pool to make the walkway wider is 41X2 each

This is all in feet. and will be 4 inchs thick
thanks

rlander06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Concrete & Masonry

Rewards Points: 6

306 sq. feet, at 4" thick = 102 cubic feet, which also equals 3.78 cubic yards of concrete if ordering ready-mix.

jomama45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
nap
You talking to me?

and don't forget the electrical requirements of a bonding grid when installing this if applicable. Not sure from the description it is but if it is, be sure to include it.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #4

Thank you.
No electric will be installed this is operated by hand
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlander06 View Post
Thank you.
No electric will be installed this is operated by hand
It has nothing to do with electric being installed. There are rules and regulations about concrete around a pool. It generally has to be connected to an equipotential bonding grid. Just trying to give you a heads up. Trying to connect it after the fact can be a real bear.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #6

Based on what I read the pool already has a walkway around the pool that is three feet wide."
The equipotential common bonding grid shall extend under paved walking surfaces for 1 m (3 ft) horizontally beyond the inside walls of the pool."
If I read this right it is required atleast three feet out. My pool already has a walkway around it. this 41 x 2 foot pad that will be added next to the sidewalk of the pool, I am putting in will not need the grid but I am putting in the steel grid for support and will be grounding it. If I not reading it right please let me know Thanks.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
nap
You talking to me?

Quote:
=rlander06;522984] the pool already has a walkway around the pool that is three feet wide."
see, now that is something I wasn't aware of.

[
Quote:
LEFT]The equipotential common bonding grid shall extend under paved walking surfaces for 1 m (3 ft) horizontally beyond the inside walls of the pool."[/LEFT
]yes, that is the requirement

Quote:
If I read this right it is required atleast three feet out. My pool already has a walkway around it. this 41 x 2 foot pad that will be added next to the sidewalk of the pool, I am putting in will not need the grid but I am putting in the steel grid for support and will be grounding it. If I not reading it right please let me know Thanks.
you will be grounding the new pad? Why?

the requirements are 3 feet out but (and this is only a personal belief) I believe it is better to include any surface that will be walked on. With the situation such as yours, you have the existing walk that is bonded and then you will have a break from that bonding so there is a very distinct line separating the two surfaces. If either can be walked on, I believe they should be bonded together. If they aren't, you could have a difference of potential between the two slabs.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #8

This new pad I am installing will only be for the track to sit on for the enclosure. There is no reason for the grounding just rebar stakes to support the mesh off the ground.