Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #1

Share |

adding rock panels to old stone wall

Hi, I have this old stone retaining wall on my property.
see picture below.

As part of the renovation of the house I want to change the look to a stacked ledgestone.
I have already acquired a large number of pre-fabricated slate ledgestone panels (see Rox brand) that come in 1" x 2' x 6" "tiles".
Normally they would be applied with a "parge" type method to an existing smooth surface.

However given the rough & ready face of the existing rock stone wall how should I approach this?

Build a new wall out of CMU in front of the existing wall?

Attach lath to the face of the rock wall and parge onto that (obviously it needs to be power-washed first)?

Some other thing I'm not thinking about?

This is in northern california so no freeze/ thaw cycles to worry about thankfully.

Thanks~!
Attached Thumbnails
adding rock panels to old stone wall-rockwall.jpg  
adzling is offline   Reply With Quote